For more information about blood tests please visit NHSInform
If you are bringing a urine sample in to be dip-tested here at the surgery, please bring it in BEFORE mid-day so the nurse has time to test it before the lab collection. If you bring it in later than mid-day you may be asked to bring a fresh sample in the following morning.
If you think you have a urinary tract infection please:
- Read this information leaflet if you are over 65 years old;
- Read this information leaflet if you are under 65 years old.
You may ring the surgery for the results of tests but please remember the following points:
- The surgery tends to be at its quietest after 2.00pm and reception staff will have more time to deal with your enquiry. Checking results is time consuming and requests at other times may result in you being asked to call back after 2.00pm.
- Results may only be given to the specific patient to whom they apply. Results will only be given when authorised by a GP. In the interest of confidentiality please be prepared to identify yourself. Please do not phone for results for friends/relatives without prior arrangement.
- You will need to know the test results you require. Some tests take longer to process. If you have had several tests, reception staff will not necessarily know whether all the results are back unless you can identify them.
- Please do not expect reception staff to have any medical knowledge. They are instructed only to tell you if your test is normal. If any test is abnormal or you require further discussion or interpretation then please refer to your doctor.